Friday, April 23, 2010

Pencil in the Pants

During my exams one year I decided it would be a good idea to put the pencil I would be using to write the exam in the pocket of my pants. I'm not quite sure why I thought this would be a good idea, but I did it nonetheless.

Now one of the pockets in my pants already had a hole in it. I knew this. Absentmindedly I still decided to put a pencil in that pocket. Before I continue it's important to note that the pants I was wearing had another layer inside and there was space between the layers. I'm not quite sure why, but they did.

Anyways, walking into the exam with a pencil in my pocket that also has a hole in it, I find a seat. I reach into my pocket to grab the pencil but I can't find it. I do however find the pencil sized hole in my pocket. Now since my pants have these weird layers it's not a simple matter of just sliding the pencil out the bottom because the pencil is stuck in between the two layers.

I start feeling up and down my leg trying to find the pencil and eventually do. It was more than half way down my leg. It's not exactly the easiest thing in the world to start sliding a pencil up your pants and I found that it required both my hands.

Meticulously I pushed and slid the pencil up my leg all the way up to my pocket. It was a painstaking two to three minute process until I finally was able to get the pencil back out through the hole. Relieved I sat up and stared straight ahead. I didn't really want to know if anyone had watched me do this and I can only imagine what they would have been thinking...

2 comments: