Sunday, May 27, 2012

Your nose and the shower

Last time mentioning the 1000 awesome things website and this week having a somewhat stuffy nose reminded me of something.  Blowing my nose in the shower feels great!  Blowing your nose the "traditional" way using tissues takes forever and I never really feel 100% clear.  On the contrary, in the shower I can just go for it.


In general I like to keep my hands clean.  If I eat several chicken wings with my hands I prefer to wash them; the napkins never feel like quite enough.  The exception then for the shower is that the water is constantly cleansing, so it's as if my hands are being continually washed.  This fact allows my mind to put up with and even enjoy the temporary messiness that unfolds.


If my nose is stuffed up when I'm taking a shower I make sure to wash myself AFTER blowing my nose.  Don't want any snot accidentally hanging around (yuck).  It's somewhat liberating being able to just blow and blow and then just wash the mess off my hands.  Hmm, maybe don't take the last sentence out of context...


It's amazing how much mucus in in your nose when it's really plugged up.  Sometimes it feels like you're attempting to expel a small creature and it doesn't want to let go.  The quote I really like that exemplifies this somewhat is from 1000 awesome things and says "If you did the job right, your hand should now look like you just squeezed the life out of a baby jellyfish."  Not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment