Monday, March 19, 2012

Pedestrian Fun

Some people like to press the crosswalk button several times just to make sure it goes through. They might think it helps to make the lights change faster or maybe they just do it for fun. Either way it seems like these people get a bit antsy whenever the lights take longer than average to change, especially if they didn't press the button.

I press the button once, maybe twice and then wait. I take the bus most days and there happens to be a pedestrian controlled light near my stop that several people usually go to. If I'm the first one to the crosswalk I'll press the button once and then stand close enough to the button that if someone else wanted to press it they would have to get uncomfortably close to me. I then hope that the light takes a long time to change.

When this works perfectly I can feel their cold stares and I can imagine they think that I'm an idiot who hasn't actually pressed the button. Sometimes people will ask to make sure that I've pressed it and I'll nod. On one occasion someone actually went around and pressed the button even with me in close proximity.

As stupid as this is it brings me a small amount of joy after a long day of classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment